This map aims to represent the Emirati military presence in the MENA region, depicting its key overseas facilities (military bases) in the Middle East and Northern Africa, as well as the top operations in which the UAE forces are involved, individually or as members of a military coalition or international operations. The map is part of a wider exercise of mapping the key powers military presence in the MENA. Acknowledging that not all the interventions are officially recognized, we complement official information sources with other references coming from other reliable sources (such as think tank reports or selected media articles) with the aim of producing a rich and insightful picture of the complex network of security interests and interventions.
- The MENA NWFZ: 44 Years Old Dream… Postponed Again
- Regionalism and Beyond: Mapping Regional and International Organizations in the MENA
- The Regional Dimension of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Signatories to Multilateral Arms Control Treaties and Agreements
- Islamist Parties Performance in Elections Since 2011